As an Autodesk Revit user, you're likely looking for ways to streamline your workflow and increase productivity. An effective way of achieving this is to harness the power of Revit shortcuts and implement custom shortcuts for frequently used commands.
In all the ASCENT Revit courseware, I provide the default shortcut for any commands to help users become familiar with the shortcuts.
Revit shortcuts that I use frequently:
1. Views and Visibility shortcuts:
- Tab Views: TW
- Open Visibility Graphics Overrides: VG
- Tile Views WT
- Zoom Extents: ZE
- Zoom to Selection: ZS
- Hide select elements: VH
- Reveal Hidden Elements: RHE
2. Drawing tools shortcuts:
- Copy: CO
- Trim Extend to Corner: TR
- Align Elements: AL
- Dimensions: DI
- Create Similar: Ctrl + Drag
- Pin Elements: PN
- Unpin Elements: UP
- Undo: Ctrl + Z
- Redo: Ctrl + Y
Customizing Revit Shortcuts:
Revit allows you to customize shortcuts according to your preferences. Take advantage of this feature by creating shortcuts for frequently used commands.
How To Customize Revit Shortcuts:
Make sure to review the rules for Revit keyboard shortcuts located on the Autodesk Revit Help page.
- From the View tab, expand User Interface and select Keyboard Shortcuts.
- In the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box, in the Search field, type the command you would like to create or change the shortcut for.
- In the Assignments area, select the command.
- If there is no shortcut already established for the command, do the following:
- In the Press new keys area, type the desired shortcut, and click Assign.
- If there is a shortcut already established for the command, in the Assignments area, select the shortcut command, and click Remove.
5. Click OK and the new command will appear in the Shortcuts section.
When you have created your shortcuts to your liking, you can export the shortcuts to an XML file to share with others in your office, and they can import them into their Keyboard Shortcuts. To see a full list of Revit shortcuts, visit the Autodesk Revit Help page to download a PDF of XLS file.
By becoming familiar with Revit shortcuts, you can significantly enhance your productivity and efficiency when working. Remember to explore and customize shortcuts based on your workflow to streamline your daily tasks. As you become more proficient in utilizing shortcuts and hacks, you'll find yourself working smarter and completing projects in less time. Happy modeling!
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Cherisse Biddulph